This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Formatting lists in reader for Android

-shs-
edited October 2011 in Android
I have a few lists that I keep as Secured Notes in my 1Password desktop application -- for instance a list of various door lock combinations or a short list of step-by-step instructions. The items are separated by a Return, so that they look like a numbered list. When I sync the Note to the Android reader app, the list becomes formatted as a paragraph, with no separation between the items.

Is there any way to maintain the list format when syncing between the desktop app and the reader on my Epic 4G?

Thanks,

-SS-

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hello -shs-

That is an interesting point: so far nobody reported this issue.

I just created a secure note highly formatted with tab stops, numbers,spaces, return values, etc.

After a sync, text is shown perfectly formatted on my phone and Galaxy tab.

Could you please provide a sample of data ? I will be glad to fix the issue in the next application release

but I need to see an issue first.

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

Gene
  • [quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1318284008' post='52625']

Hello -shs-

That is an interesting point: so far nobody reported this issue.

I just created a secure note highly formatted with tab stops, numbers,spaces, return values, etc.

After a sync, text is shown perfectly formatted on my phone and Galaxy tab.

Could you please provide a sample of data ? I will be glad to fix the issue in the next application release

but I need to see an issue first.

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

Gene

[/quote]

I’d love to show it to you, Gene. How can I grab a screen shot of the 1P screen for the entries?
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited October 2011
    Hello -shs-

It is fairy easy to make screenshots from Android phone.

Please do a google search on "make screenshot from android" , you will see many links explaining how to do that.

There is even a free application [url="http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Others/Screenshot-Android-71410.shtml"]http://handheld.soft...oid-71410.shtml[/url] , if you install it on your phone , it will make a screenshot from the device screen.

On my Galaxy 10'1 tab, screenshots are made just by click on a menu button, some phone models have the same functionality as well.

Once you have a screenshot on the Secure Note with problematic formatting, you can email it on my support account android-support@agilebits.com

I will be glad to address the issue for the next 1Password Reader release once I see the issue.

Best regards,

Gene
  • Hmmmm, a PC app. I’ll find a Mac version and get you the images. Thanks, Gene.

-SS-
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hello shs,

Thank you for forwarding me the screenshots.

I am trying to reproduce the issue you've reported on 1Password for Mac and Windows. So far I see that all secure notes I've created come up formatted

perfectly fine and not scrambled. I will keep looking and let you know when I identify and address the issue.

In the meantime, please make sure that you have a very latest version of 1Password on your computer and phone.

Sorry for the inconvenience and best regards,

Gene