This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password 3.9 Display In Web Browser Not Working

Fooligan
Fooligan
edited October 2011 in 1Password 3 for Mac
I have a few logins that I retain in my vault that are rarely use. I change the "Display in Web Browser" setting to "never" for these so that I can auto-login with my primary accounts for those web sites. Yesterday, I had to use one of the logins that I had set to "Never" display in the web browser and I could not get it to show up in the browser extension. When I went back to the 1P app, the setting had reverted back to "Never". Every time I try to change it, it switches back.

Here is my current setup:

1P: 3.9

Safari: 5.1, 1P Ext: 3.8.6.b12

Chrome: 15.0.874.83 beta, 1P Ext: 3.8.6.31112

At first, I thought that the problem was due to the current browser extension syncing issue. But, I uninstalled all browser extensions and tried to edit the entry. It still reverts back to "Never" even when the extensions are not installed.

I tried searching the forums, but couldn't find any similar topic on this subject. So, I am sorry if this is a duplicate. Is this known? Is there a fix?

[b]Update[/b]: After getting to work this morning, I was able to change this setting on that computer (WinXP Pro SP3, 1P 1.0.8.222) and it successfully synced back to my Mac. The entry is now showing up in Safari and Chrome on my Mac.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Based on your update, it sounds like things are working well. It still is odd that the setting wasn't "sticking" before, though. We'll keep an eye on this and see if similar reports pop up. Thanks for reporting this!
  • It still doesn't work on the Mac. But, I can force it to change when using 1P on Windows.
  • khad
    Ah. Yes. I didn't realize at the time of my initial post, but this should be fixed in the next app update.
  • mduaneh
    edited November 2011
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1319081704' post='53108']

Ah. Yes. I didn't realize at the time of my initial post, but this should be fixed in the next app update.

[/quote]

I am using 3.9.1 and I am now experiencing this same behavior. Mine are in the Credit Cards section, but none show up in my browser extension now. Tried changing the Never to Always in 1P, close 1P and the setting is back to its previous state.

Changing the setting in Windows made for an immediate update through Dropbox, 1P for Mac shows "Always" now, browsers showed the update after shutting down all browsers, closing the 1P Helper, then restarting browsers.
  • khad
    edited November 2011
    I thought this was fixed in 3.9.1, but I was mistaken. This should be fixed in the next update. Thanks for following up on this!