This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Mac -> MAS, but 1Password Windows -> Agile Store

FromOZ
FromOZ Junior Member
edited October 2011 in 1Password 3 for Mac
Whew - when the whole (justified IMHO) outcry about the (proposed) migration of 1Password for Mac to the, exclusively in the future, Mac App Store (MAS) happened I was one of the group which could be considered the worst affected (monetarily). Had family licence + iPad + iPhone (eventually Pro) versions.

I voiced my concerns/complaints at that time, including the fact that there had been no communication about the change, and then just left it and stayed with 3.8.x.

I have just been reviewing the forum again and I see that the special price (which was actually giving our upgrade pricing to new customers) had — [b]again without communication from Agile[/b] — ended. Oh well, I see that topic has been done to death on the forums.

However I would like to just add one more point. It has been said that one of the reasons to move to the MAS was simplicity for Agile, and benefit of not having to maintain (store) servers etc. etc. and how that was going to be better for Agile — and thereby customers. Here's the point though... the Agile store is still going to be maintained for Windows purchases, correct? So if the Agile store is still going to be maintained for Windows purchasers, then why not for ([b]what was the original platform for 1Password, what got you guys going[/b]) Mac users?

No point 'crying over spilt milk' but Agile.... please.... are you deliberately aiming to alienate your long term customer base. And let's forget about analogies like Apple killing off the FDD. They may have done that but they didn't kill off or alienate customers.

I think you need to really consider this very carefully, [color=#ff0000]come up with a solid plan and then [u][b]please[/b] proactively inform your customer base[/u][/color].

Thanks

Long term 1Password Mac user

p.s. VMware did exactly the same thing (upgrade pricing to new users, no upgrade for existing 3.x users) with VMware Fusion 4.0. I moved to Parallels. I really hope you do better.