This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Upgrade failed

kilgoretrout
kilgoretrout Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Hi

I just attempted to update 1Password after it told me a new version was available, but it no longer works. I get

"You can't open the application 1Password because it may be damaged or incomplete"

How can I resolve this?

Comments

• kilgoretrout
    kilgoretrout Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='kilgoretrout']Hi

I just attempted to update 1Password after it told me a new version was available, but it no longer works. I get

"You can't open the application 1Password because it may be damaged or incomplete"

How can I resolve this?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I just downloaded the latest copy and installed over the top
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the update kilgoretrout! I'm glad you got everything sorted out.

Just to be clear, did you use the automatic updater in 1Password to install the update? I ask because it is supposed to verify the download before proceeding so I'm wondering how this could happen.
  • Kira Franz
    Kira Franz Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Just had the same thing happen to me (although I just realized it -- installed the upgrade yesterday, discovered the inoperability about a half-hour ago).

I used the link that came to me in a dialogue box saying there was an upgrade. I will try kilgoretrout's solution....
  • Kira Franz
    Kira Franz Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Ah, now it seems to work fine....like kilgoretrout, had to install it on top of the earlier (?) version, but no apparent data loss occurred therefrom.
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Kira Franz']Ah, now it seems to work fine....like kilgoretrout, had to install it on top of the earlier (?) version, but no apparent data loss occurred therefrom.[/QUOTE]

No data loss will occur by deleting, overwriting, or reinstalling 1Password. Your information is stored in a data file separate from the application. (It's called 1Password.agilekeychain and resides, by default, in your Application Support/1Password folder.)