This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

iPhone OS 4

jjk454ss
jjk454ss Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I am sure that the multitasking will really be nice for 1Password on the iPhone and the iPad. Is anything else going to change as far as integrating with mobile safari? I would love the button in the toolbar like in OS X.

Comments

• macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited April 2010
    For those who don't know and wondered why the 1P button isn't on our mobile versions, the iPhone OS runs Mobile Safari and it is not extensible with plug-ins like the Mac version. Any specific iPhone OS 4.0-related information is covered by NDA and we can't discuss it at this time. Thanks for your understanding. Stay Tuned! :)
  • corrin
    corrin Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hey, just wondering if you're out of NDA for this yet?

I'd _love_ it to be easy to use 1password to enter passwords in mobile Safari. To be honest, I do not use 1password on my phone because it's too much of a pain.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='corrin']Hey, just wondering if you're out of NDA for this yet?[/QUOTE]

No, from my understanding we're not.

[QUOTE]I'd _love_ it to be easy to use 1password to enter passwords in mobile Safari. To be honest, I do not use 1password on my phone because it's too much of a pain.[/QUOTE]

The 1Password app can't be integrated with Mobile Safari in same way as 1Password is integrated with Safari on the Mac. This is because Mobile Safari is not extensible with plug-ins at this time. I'm not privy to the exact nature of materials covered by the Apple NDA but I've not heard even any rumors that this is changed in iOS 4.

For this reason, we've included a Safari-like browser within 1Password that you can use to fill your details on web sites. To use this feature, launch the 1Password app, and tap the URL of the Login item that you want to use. You'll be taken to the browser, where your details should be filled in for you automatically.