This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Changelog

melwan
melwan Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Android
I know this is still beta and it's still undergoing heavy changes/additions and what not, but the geek in me is calling for changelogs. I looked around and haven't seen any and the app just got updated to Beta 3.

Any chance to look at the changelogs? It's like candy for me :p

Thanx

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 1969
    Hi melwan

You raised a very important point , I thank you that you mentioned that!

Changlelog will be coming in the very next releases, once an application is stable on every Android device.

Currently there are no functionality changes between versions.

If you could share your experience with 1Password for Android with us we will greately appreciate that.

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Gene

Android Developer
  • dlake
    dlake Junior Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm really exited to see this out! This is great! I Agree. A change log would be nice. I'd also like to see a features roadmap. Is this app heading for the same feature set as the iPhone? etc.. I've been having a good experience on Droid X. just installed yesterday. I'd love to be able to sync my Mac >> windows >> android devices together. I'm guessing dropbox is the approach we're moving in for that? What Browsers will be supported Fennec, Dolphin, etc...

Either way this is great stuff! Keep up the good work!

-DL
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Dlake,

I just wanted to let you know that the new version of 1P for Android which will be available on Market in the next few days

has a Change Log screen which you definitely like, new detailed Help and many other features including Dropbox support.

Please stay tuned for the updates.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer
  • The changelog is hard to find. For anyone trying to find it, within the 1Password for Android app, go to menu > More > About > What's New. (Each of these steps has a different UI. Not very user friendly.) Also, the first time I did this, it displayed the "What's new" header and the OK button with nothing in-between. After I clicked "OK" > "OK" (also not user friendly) and went back to the What's New it displayed properly.

Suggestions:

Add "What's New" and "Feedback" to the "More" list.

Remove all buttons from "About" screen except "OK".

It would also be nice to have a sticky post on this forum (at least while 1Password for Android is in beta) that would have the changelog (or a link to an automatically generated file if that's easier) as well as links to download previous minor versions, in case a new bug is introduced and someone wants to roll back until it's fixed.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Jlnd,

Thank you for your suggestions,

There is sometimes a delay when Whatis New window is launched on some models (data in it is a html page, it takes some time to load).

There will be no delay on any repetitive launch.

I am not sure if adding What's New and Feedback to About Menu is more user friendly than having them on the About Dialog.

From the development perspective it is a 10 min of work but so far nobody else commented on that.

I saw both approaches to showing Logs and am not sure which one is preferable for majority of users.

There will be probably more options on Menu, I don't want to overload it too much.

Let's ask what other users think about it first.

Best Regards,

Gene
  • Gazooo123
    Gazooo123 Junior Member
    [quote name='jlnd' timestamp='1282066364' post='9015']

It would also be nice to have a sticky post on this forum (at least while 1Password for Android is in beta) that would have the changelog (or a link to an automatically generated file if that's easier) as well as links to download previous minor versions, in case a new bug is introduced and someone wants to roll back until it's fixed.

[/quote]

I second that notion!

That would be great as this would have been helpful for me with the 5.4 Beta release in which I Iost access to all of my passwords due to the decryption issue.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Thank you for the feedback , Gazooo123,

I also think it is a good thing to have and will try to introduce it in some of the next releases.

Regards,

Gene

[quote name='Gazooo123' timestamp='1282155189' post='9104']

I second that notion!

That would be great as this would have been helpful for me with the 5.4 Beta release in which I Iost access to all of my passwords due to the decryption issue.

[/quote]