This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Helper problems

Hello.

I have a problem with 1Password helper. After 10.7.2 it does not start at login. I tried to reinstall 1Password, tried to turn it on and off (with reboot) and it still does not work correctly. And problems go on. Now my safari extension shows only "Initializing" after I type in the password.

How can i fix that?

Comments

• The 1Password Helper app needs to be added to the 'login items' of an Admin account on your computer.

Step 1 - Go To Applications folder find 1Password, right click it and show contents. Inside a folder called library is another folder called LoginItems, open it to revel 1Password Helper.

Step 2 - Go to System Prefs, click on Users and Groups, click the Login Items tab of Admin account.

Step 3 - Click the + under the list of items that start at login, a sub-window opens.

Step 4 - Drag the 1Password Helper app from the previously opened window of step 1 into the sub-window of step 3, the sub-window should now change from what it was showing to be showing the 1Password Helper app in the nested LoginItems folder of the 1Password app, so click the add button and 1Password Helper should now show in the list of items that start at login.
  • vaduz
    edited October 2011
    After that helper starts properly, but safari extension still shows nothing but "Initializing..."

And one more thing: when i start 1Password manually in menubar appears another helper icon. Finally there are two of them. o_O
  • vaduz
    edited October 2011
    Fixed that with terminal:

[CODE]chmod -N /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.`id -u`/overrides.plist[/CODE]

But I have to keep helper off in settings or I have two icons in menubar.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited October 2011
    There should be no need to place anything in your Login Items list. [url="http://support.agilebits.com/kb/1password-39-for-mac-from-mac-app-store/1password-fails-to-continue-past-the-initial-welcome-screen-purchased-from-mac-app-store"]There is a bug in Time Machine which we have reported to Apple (bug report #10094551) that incorrectly prevents access to some key system files.[/url] Once you run the command you mentioned in your post, you should be all set to simply use 1Password as normal.

Enabling "Keep helper running to enable extension features" in 1Password's preferences on the Extensions pane will cause the helper to run at Login rather than only when 1Password.app is running.

If you UNCHECK "Keep helper running to enable extension features", the helper will run only when 1Password.app is running.

Please remove any entries you have manually created for 1Password, 1Password Helper, etc. from your list of Login Items in [b]System Preferences > Users & Groups[/b].
  • This did not fix the problem for me. When is your software going to work again?

Ugh.

Kalle

[quote name='khad' timestamp='1319523324' post='53346']

There should be no need to place anything in your Login Items list. [url="http://support.agilebits.com/kb/1password-39-for-mac-from-mac-app-store/1password-fails-to-continue-past-the-initial-welcome-screen-purchased-from-mac-app-store"]There is a bug in Time Machine which we have reported to Apple (bug report #10094551) that incorrectly prevents access to some key system files.[/url] Once you run the command you mentioned in your post, you should be all set to simply use 1Password as normal.

Enabling "Keep helper running to enable extension features" in 1Password's preferences on the Extensions pane will cause the helper to run at Login rather than only when 1Password.app is running.

If you UNCHECK "Keep helper running to enable extension features", the helper will run only when 1Password.app is running.

Please remove any entries you have manually created for 1Password, 1Password Helper, etc. from your list of Login Items in [b]System Preferences > Users & Groups[/b].

[/quote]
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Hey Kalle,

What processes related to 1Password are you seeing listed in Activity Monitor?

The possibilities are:[list]

[*]1Password

[*]1PasswordAgent

[*]1Password Helper

[/list]

Please let me know which of those you are seeing while 1Password is running.

Could you describe the symptoms of the problem you are experiencing? It may be unrelated to my reply above, and I would love to get it sorted out for you.