This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Inaccurate Password Strength Indicator

maxgruv
maxgruv Junior Member
I take pride in creating strong passwords for most websites, and my passwords typically include at least two unrelated words plus numbers, 10+ characters in length. I sync 1Password via Dropbox between my iPhone and Mac apps. However, I've noticed many password entries that I create outside of the Mac app (i.e. through a browser plugin or on the iPhone app) inevitably display a very low password strength when synced into the Mac app. It's only when I edit the entry in the Mac app (for instance, adding and then removing a space from the password field, thus making it identical to the original) that it displays the correct strength.

Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions for a fix? Kinda makes the whole password strength indicator useless to me if it's not accurate.

Current versions I am using:

1Password 3.8.9 on OS X 10.7.2

1Password Pro 3.6.1 on iOS 5.0

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Paul

Comments

• I'm finding the same thing for Logins I create on my phone.

Phone: 1PasswordPro v3.6.1

Computer: 1Password for Windows v1.0.8.222
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    I would expect that something is amiss since both of you report the same problem. However, I was unable to recreate the issue when generating a new password using the Password Generator in either the browser extensions or 1Password Pro 3.6.1 (syncing via Dropbox). I only tested Generated Passwords. Are you seeing this with Generated Password items, Login items, both, or something else?

I wonder if there is some crucial detail which I have left out of my testing. Please let me know if you have a suggestion. I'll continue to try to reproduce this.