This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Setting iPhone master password protection within 1Password for Windows

I'm a new user of 1Password and I'm using it on my Windows 7 machine, iPad 2 and iPhone 4. Rather than adding new logins as I go I'm trying to manually migrate dozens from another application. My preference would be to add them via 1Password for Windows and have everything sync to my iPad and iPhone. However, I find that the iPhone master password protection setting can only be configured from within the iPhone app and not the iPad (field not displayed) or Windows version (field displayed but disabled for change). Adding these logins via the Windows app then updating that flag as necessary from within the iPhone app seems a bit awkaward. Hopefully I'm missing some preference that when selected will allow me to maintain this flag from within the Windows and iPad apps. Is there any way to do that?

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, dbm!

Of the 1Password products for the three platforms you cite, only the app on the iPhone uses the high/low-security paradigm.

I'd forgotten that the iPad doesn't even display the Security setting. 1Password for Windows used to allow you to change it; but it caused problems (the details of which have slipped my mind), and the capability was removed some months back.

At this time, only 1Password for iOS on the iPhone (or iPod touch) and 1Password for Mac allow you to edit the Security setting.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • I'd like to second dbm's request to be able to manage the ios master password setting from within the windows application. I understand this caused problems in the past, is there any way to add this as future feature?
  • Welcome to the forum, TJD, and thanks for letting us know this feature would be useful to you, too!

I have no information about whether the feature might be re-introduced in a future release.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    The feature is actually being phased out across all platforms as far as I understand it. The high- vs low-security toggle has also been removed from 1Password for Mac 3.9.
  • Thanks for the confirmation, Khad!
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    Future versions of our data format (a.k.a. 1Password 4) will not support multiple security levels anymore. Making this setting read-only on Windows is in preparation of things to come.