This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Announcement: 1Password Beta #3 submitted to Marketplace Jul 8

GeneY
GeneY AWS Team
edited December 1969 in Android
1Password Beta #3 version is available for download on Market.

It is tested very thoroughly with my testing keychain (68 items) on my Nexus G4 with different passwords up to 20 characters long and on emulator with all kind of scenarios (low memory, slow CPU , etc).

Should fix the crash upon entering valid password which some users experience (the crash never happened on my phone in the first place, but there are some model-related peculiarities, so everything is possible )

Please give Beta #3 a try and let me know your opinion.

If will be of immense help if you can install a free application Log Collector (available from Market). This app allows to see log file on the device with all errors and forward them to the developer. It is much easier for me to work on the error if I have a log file.

Please keep me posted.

Thank everyone for your patience.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

Comments

• coderjun
    coderjun Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thank you, thank you.

I have an htc Evo running 2.1 and was having the "The application com.onepassword.passwordmanager (process com.onepassword.passwordmanager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." issue that had been mentioned in this thread: [url]http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?24903-HTC-Incredible-force-quit[/url]

Updated to 1Password Beta #3 and now everything is running like a champ!
  • dstrom
    dstrom Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    Excellent, thanks guys! 1password beta #3 is launching for me (#2 wasn't)...

However, I did have to copy the keychain from the Micro SD card to the internal storage, on a Samsung Galaxy S running stock 2.1. Also it doesn't seem to have picked up all of my logins (I'll check again after copying the keychain over again after I get home).

I know it's early in the development, but a couple of other comments:

* the app doesn't lock after the phone locks.

* when you guys get the chance it would be handy to have the option of a simple pin like the iphone version.

[I]Edit:[/I]

I've just tested re-copying the keychain over from my desktop and the app is still only picking up 16 of the 64 logins.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 1969
    Hi coderjun and dstrom,

I am glad to know that the crashing problem has disappeared and you can use 1Password now.

Of course, what you have is a Pilot version which is on the earliest stages of the development cycle so stay tuned for the updates !

Integration with Dropbox is our top priority at this time. Dropbox for Android app at this time synchronizes files one by one and is not capable of copying a whole folder to SD card,

1Password data file is actually a package (folder) so it is not that easy to copy it on one single click. Dropbox team is working hard but the capability of copying folders will be available in

couple of months from now.

The app doesn't lock after the phone locks : too bad... this issue will be fixed in the next release. For now I recommend you to lock 1Password from the menu option. (However, dismissing the application window does lock

it).Simple pin option is definitely required and will be introduced in later versions, it is not very convenient to type a long Master Password on a phone.

Please always report to me any additional issues and suggestions so I can address them, your feedback is of critical importance !

Thank you in advance

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer
  • cuestakid
    cuestakid Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    working now

well done guys!
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 1969
    Hi everyone,

I am SOOOOO GLAD that these crashes do not plague 1Password for Android users anymore !

For those interested, there was a Google Bug 3953 which caused an application to crash, interestingly only some users experienced that, as to myself, my Nexus G4 has been behaving

perfectly fine since the beginning, that is why it took some time to pinpoint the problem.

The next release (still Beta though) will be coming early next week, so please stay tuned for the updates !

There will be fixes for reported issues and some new features. Sorry , no Dropbox integration yet but it will be coming !

Just please be patient.

And always forward us your issues/comments/suggestions, they motivate our team and me to work even harder !

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer
  • harperta
    harperta Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I've been a long time customer of 1Password (Mac & iPhone) and love it. I currently have it installed on my new hTC Aria with the new update and so far is working flawlessly. I can't what till it works and syncs just like 1password for Mac and iPhone, I'll be a happy camper than!
  • bassatheart
    bassatheart Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Is there no way to click on an entry and have 1Password open a webpage in a browser and then autofill the username and password automatically? The only way I see use the program is to copy information to the clipboard, open a browser manually, and then paste the information in the URL or in the username and password areas.
  • jesmithiv
    jesmithiv Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Beta 2 was force closing every time, but beta 3 is working great for me on the Moto Droid. Thanks! It is such a luxury to have all my passwords in my pocket now!
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 1969
    Hi jesmithiv,

I am happy that you are happy with the app, comments like that really make my day !

I have even better news for you: this week new update will be coming up, so stay tuned.

There is no Dropbox integration yet, but there are some other important features you will definitely like.

Sincerely,

Gene

Android Developer