This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Sharing 1Password Icon in Firefox / Safari Success

Deadbolt
Deadbolt Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Just wanted to share with folks that I went through the entire sticky thread on this subject and also emailed with the support team. I am a devout 1Password AND Evernote user. In the end nothing could bring my 1Password icon back......

until I realized that I was running as a limited user. I changed my main user to admin.....then with browsers closed fired up 1Password removed the browser extensions (clicked both "remove browser extensions" then unchecked "use browser extensions", exited 1Password, restarted 1Password and then reversed that process by checking the "use browser extensions" then "Install all extensions." I finally I closed 1Password and started both Firefox and Safari and both my 1Password and Evernote icons were there. I then changed my user back to limited user and the icons stuck. My 1Password icon has disappeared through one 1Password update and one Evernote update. This resolved the issue each time.

For what its worth..... no clue if this is the same issue others are facing but hope this helps.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for posting this, Deadbolt, and welcome to the forums!
  • jeahrens
    jeahrens Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi Deadbolt,

When you say that you were running as a limited user, what are you referring to? A limited user on your Mac or 1P? Please let me know as I've followed all the other steps you mentioned and I still can't see the icon. Also, are you running the beta version of 1P? I'm using Ver. 3.2.5. Thanks for the help.
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='jeahrens']When you say that you were running as a limited user, what are you referring to? A limited user on your Mac or 1P? Please let me know as I've followed all the other steps you mentioned and I still can't see the icon.[/QUOTE]

Hi jeahrens, and welcome to the forums!

I believe Deadbolt is referring to the Mac OS X user account. Currently, 1Password does not have any user account features like "admin" or "managed" or "standard" like Mac OS X does.
  • jeahrens
    jeahrens Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks. I checked and am listed as the Admin, so that's not the issue. No big deal--I can wait until Firefox 4 is formally released and use Safari in the mean time.
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    OK, thanks for the update!