This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

iCloud login does not work

1Password for Windows does not work when trying to login to iCloud.com.

It works with 1Password for Mac since last update, but with 1P for Win it still does nothing.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    edited October 2011
    Whenever a Login item created in 1Password for Mac doesn't work in 1Password for Windows, the first thing to do is to create a new Login item in 1Password for Windows.

Once you confirm that it works in 1Password for Windows, test the new Login item in 1Password for Mac:[list]

[*]If it works there, too, delete the old one.

[*]If it doesn't work in 1Password for Mac, you have to maintain both. That's a little inconvenient, but it'll get you going and tide you over until we see if there's anything we can do about the specific login form.

[/list]
  • Using 1Password for Mac, I just created a new Login item for icloud.com's login form. (I had to do it manually, because 1Password for Mac didn't recognize the form submission and offer to create one for me.)

I couldn't get 1Password for Mac to fill in the form with the saved credentials, either.

Dropbox sync'ed the new Login to my PC, where I tried it with 1Password for Windows; as on the Mac, 1Password recognized that I had a Login item for that URL, but it wouldn't fill in the form with the saved credentials.

I edited the Login item and noticed that neither saved field had the Designation set as needed; so I assigned one field as the username and the other field as the password.

The edited Login item worked as expected in 1Password for Windows.

After Dropbox sync'ed it back to my Mac, I tried it in 1Password for Mac, but 1Password still would fill in the form.

I edited the Login item in 1Password for Mac and noticed that two new fields, named username and password, were present. (They were not seen in 1Password for Windows!) The correct two fields were designated as containing the username and password, and the two fields NAMED username and password were completely empty, so I just deleted them.

The edited Login item finally worked as expected in 1Password for Mac!

(I checked in 1Password for Windows again, just to make sure, and this final version of the Login item works there, too.)

This seems like a bug with 1Password for Mac, and I'll report it to the developers.

Thanks!
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    David,

I'm not sure what version you're running on Mac, but according to the CHANGELOG, it should work in 3.8.7.BETA-2 on Mac:

http://cdn.agilebits.com/dist/1P/ext/CHANGELOG

Thanks, Stefan.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited October 2011
    The latest beta build, Stefan. I've just had a lo-o-ong discussion with some of the 1Password for Mac team.

As far as I can tell, the new 1Password for Mac extensions aren't tied to (or updated in conjunction with) the 1Password program, so you don't necessarily have what you think you have, just because you've accepted all offers to update the main program.

You also have to make sure you've enabled the beta extensions (separately and for each browser) [i]and[/i] that you have the latest beta extensions, too. Maybe then it works, but I wasn't 100% certain from the conversation whether that would solve the problem.

Anyway, it's "in the system" to be resolved or dismissed, depending on whether it's an actual bug.
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    [quote name='NX70' timestamp='1319704955' post='53446']

1Password for Windows does not work when trying to login to iCloud.com.

[/quote]

Have you tried the Auto-Type button on the 1Password toolbar? It should do the trick for iCloud.com
  • You can read about "auto-type" in [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/auto-type.html"][i]Using the auto-type feature[/i][/url] in the [i]FAQ[/i] section of the user's guide.
  • Sorry for the long time not responding.

I tried with the last version and with "auto-type" on and now it works

Again thank you very much for this fast update,.
  • I'm glad to hear everything's working for you, now!