This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Knox Update didn't include....

binaryeric
binaryeric Senior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
I was surprised to see that the Knox update (2.0.3) still hasn't addressed

1) The icon for the vault when it is unmounted is wrong. I have vaults from Knox from 1-2 years ago and I have the icon... it is a closed briefcase. Not a white rectangle with a picture of an open briefcase on it.

2) The advanced options under "New Vault" shows

Compatibility: [] 10.5 [] 10.4 and later

Does this not bother anyone? :) 10.5 IS later than 10.4!? If I'm using 10.6 should I choose 10.5 or 10.4 and later??

Comments

• dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='binaryeric']I was surprised to see that the Knox update (2.0.3) still hasn't addressed[/quote]

The last update had some very important fixes in it and I didn't want to hold up its release.

My belief is slow, steady steps win the race. If everyone waited for perfect software 98% of the applications available today wouldn't exist :)

[quote name='binaryeric']Does this not bother anyone? :) 10.5 IS later than 10.4!? If I'm using 10.6 should I choose 10.5 or 10.4 and later??[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your passion Eric! We'll try to get these fixed soon.
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='binaryeric']2) The advanced options under "New Vault" shows

Compatibility: [] 10.5 [] 10.4 and later[/QUOTE]

I was about to remove the 10.4 option but had second thoughts: what if you want to be able to open your vault on your Tiger machine? Is anyone using this feature or am I over thinking it?
  • jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='dteare']I was about to remove the 10.4 option but had second thoughts: what if you want to be able to open your vault on your Tiger machine? Is anyone using this feature or am I over thinking it?[/QUOTE]

There appear to be some third party tools for other operating systems (Windows, Linux) that can open the Tiger style images, but can't handle the encrypted sparse bundles used in (Snow) Leopard. But, as you say, I don't know if anyone is actually making use of that.

Cheers,

-j
  • binaryeric
    binaryeric Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='dteare']I was about to remove the 10.4 option but had second thoughts: what if you want to be able to open your vault on your Tiger machine? Is anyone using this feature or am I over thinking it?[/QUOTE]

I would say at least change it to say

[] 10.5 or later [] 10.4

until you can make a decision
  • binaryeric
    binaryeric Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='dteare']The last update had some very important fixes in it and I didn't want to hold up its release.

My belief is slow, steady steps win the race. If everyone waited for perfect software 98% of the applications available today wouldn't exist :) [/QUOTE]

Agreed. :)

[quote name='dteare']Thank you for your passion Eric! We'll try to get these fixed soon.[/QUOTE]

I know, I know. "passion" is code for "hard@$$" but in all honesty, I do care, not only as a paying Knox license holder (even though I have been super critical of its need) but as an AWS "evangelist" - I want the company that I tell everyone is so "awesome" to be well, "awesome". :)

Letting small cosmetic / language issues become stagnant isn't awesome. :)
  • Thanks for the info