This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Multiple Bank Accounts

I have a personal and a business account with Bank of America. I have setup the login for the personal account but I cannot setup the login for the business account. 1Password thinks I only have one account and keeps defaulting to that one.

Comments

• Eugene, welcome to the forum.

If you have two Logins for the same domain ([i]your-bank.com[/i]), 1Password should present a dialog box in which you choose the one you want to use.

Please edit the two Logins, and confirm that they both use the URL that matches the URL on your bank's login page.

If they do, please post screen shots of the two Login items, showing the URL (the Location field) but with any private info obscured.
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    Are you clicking the 1P button in your web browser? Ctrl+\ might default to a certain login item because it might match the current URL, but the 1P button should always present both your login items.
  • Thanks for that info, Stefan.

Is there a reason why the matching logic is different for the keyboard shortcut and the 1Password button?
  • Stefan von Dutch
    @DBrown: The 1Password button never picks a particular login item. It always displays the dialog. Ctrl+\ on the other hand tries to match the current URL with a login item. If it cannot find a match, or if there are multiple matches, then it displays the dialog.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited November 2011
    Thanks, Stefan.

I know the button displays the dialog, but I thought it offered a [b]Fill with [i]Login-name[/i][/b] button, with [i]Login-name[/i] being what it considered the best match.
  • Stefan von Dutch
    @DBrown: correct, but only if there is 1 login item matching the current URL. Otherwise, that "Login with" button turns into a drop-down button.
  • Thanks for the reminder!