This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Need help with 1Password/Dropbox issue with newly migrated computer

teacher24_70
teacher24_70 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I've been using 1password on my Macbook and it saves the 1Password keychain file in my Dropbox folder.

I just recently purchased a new Mac Mini and used Migration Assistant to migrate over all of my applications.

Dropbox and 1Password both appear on the new computer. I went in today to open up 1password to officially "install" it on the new computer. Since it had never been opened on the new computer, it asks if I want to create a new file or use an existing file. I started to point it to the existing file in Dropbox until I saw that the new Mini's keychain file in Dropbox is showing that it was last updated on 6/28/10 (the date that I migrated items over). The same file in Dropbox on my Macbook shows it last updated today. At this point, I backed out of the 1Password set-up on the Mini.

I made sure that Dropbox on the new Mini is syncing correctly by adding a new file to the same "Personal Data" folder in Dropbox on the Macbook. This file synced over and quickly appeared on the Mini.

Why is the 1password file updating to show the correct modified date (today)? I don't want to point the Mini's 1Password to the keychain file in Dropbox until I'm sure that it's the updated version. I don't want the Mini's 1 password to get an old file, update itself and cause the Macbook's version to revert back to an older version.

Does this make any sense? Everything else in dropbox seems to be syncing and showing the same on both computers. EXCEPT for the 1password keychain.

Both computers are running 10.6.4. I'm going to post this issue on the Dropbox forum also.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    I wouldn't worry about the last modified date of 1Password.agilekeychain. The folder's last modified date isn't necessarily changed when the items it contains are changed. What I'd do instead, if you're curious, is open the folder itself and look at the .keys files it contains. Those should accurately reflect when they were last modified.

Incidentally, 1Password automatically and regularly backs up your data file (1Password > Preferences > Backup) and Dropbox also keeps revisions of your files. If something goes wonky, a quick File > Restore Data File from Backup should get you sorted quickly.