This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Attachments in Software Vault Won't Open on New Computer

Jim_Tampa
Jim_Tampa Junior Member
edited November 2011 in 1Password 3 for Mac
Running Lion 10.7.2 and 1Password 3.9.1 on all computers. Keychain stored in Dropbox. No known problems yet on 2 iMacs.

Installed 1PW 3.9.1 yesterday on newly purchased MacBook Air. Passwords/logins/etc. all seem good, except for one less login that I haven't had time to track down.

On the MacBook Air I am unable to open the attachments that I have stored in my Software Vault. The name of the attachment is listed, but the icon is not displayed above the name.

1PW Preferences are set the same on all three computers.

I'm attaching two screenshots that show the visual difference between the attachment info on the iMacs vs. MacBook Air.

Appreciate help in correcting this.

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    Never saw this before Jim,

Thanks for bringing it up. You may wish to bring this up in 1P's other support channel as well. It seems to get more technical answers quicker IMHO.

https://onepassword-osx.tenderapp.com/

Although you could try clearing the cache before that and see if it helps

1P > help > troubleshooting > clear cache

This will cause 1P to reload the data
  • Jim_Tampa
    Jim_Tampa Junior Member
    edited November 2011
    Tried clearing cache; no change. Posted to AgileBits Support (which I have now deleted). No hits yet. But...

Problem was solved during a 1PW keychain update while I was working between my iMac and MacBook.

Had 1PW open on both computers this morning. Made some changes in 1PW on my iMac. When the changes hit Dropbox on MacBook, received a 1PW popup menu on the MacBook display stating "Newer 1Password File Found in Dropbox." Per the popup's recommendation, I selected "...use this [newer] data file." (duh, I know, tough choice)

The icons in the Software Vault are now displaying and behaving properly, and 1PW data are now being exchanged properly between all three computers.

See two attached screenshots for the relevant popup menus.

[attachment=1461:Screenshot of 1Password_1.png] [attachment=1462:Screenshot of 1Password_2.png]
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the update, Jim! I'm glad things are working well.

It sounds like you may have multiple data files in your Dropbox folder. If so, please double-check which is your active one in 1Password's preferences and then remove the extraneous ones from your Dropbox folder.

[img]https://img.skitch.com/20111110-e6tqej89w2861xwb1wsaudf76r.png[/img]

Alternatively, it is possible that 1Password was using a file in the default location which would not be syncing with Dropbox since it is located outside the Dropbox folder.