This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Safari beta extension not responding to keyboard shortcut

lhagan
lhagan Junior Member
The beta extension is working great in Safari under Windows, except that nothing happens when I hit Ctrl-\. Works fine in Chrome.

Comments

• Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    [quote name='lhagan' timestamp='1322003361' post='54259']

The beta extension is working great in Safari under Windows, except that nothing happens when I hit Ctrl-\. Works fine in Chrome.

[/quote]

Is the 1Password helper running? (if not, you should see a red badge on our toolbar button).

Assuming the 1Password helper is running, can you follow these steps?

1. while Safari is the foreground window, press Ctrl+\

2. launch the 1Password application

3. click on Help > Diagnostics Report > E-mail to Agile...

This will allow me to look at the log, and hopefully see why it isn't working.

Thanks!
  • lhagan
    lhagan Junior Member
    The helper was running (no red badge), but I think I had forgotten to reboot after the last update installed. Another beta just popped up, so I installed that, restarted, and it now works fine.
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    [quote name='lhagan' timestamp='1322068705' post='54300']

The helper was running (no red badge), but I think I had forgotten to reboot after the last update installed. Another beta just popped up, so I installed that, restarted, and it now works fine.

[/quote]

Did 1Password ask you to reboot? Or did it finish without launching the helper? It should either launch the helper, or reboot.