This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Asking to Save Login that Already Exists

phil_geek
phil_geek Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Whenever I log into a website by hand that I've stored a username and password for the 1Password browser plugin for Safari asks me if I want to create a login in 1Password. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I don't recall it always doing that.

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='phil_geek']Whenever I log into a website by hand that I've stored a username and password for the 1Password browser plugin for Safari asks me if I want to create a login in 1Password. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I don't recall it always doing that.[/QUOTE]

Hi phil_geek, and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry this reply is so late; it seems we accidentally skipped over this post. Could you give us a specific example of a website and the steps to take to reproduce this issue?

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks for the report!
  • phil_geek
    phil_geek Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Actually, it's doing to to any website I already have a login saved for in my 1Password.

Example, I go to ebay.com and login by hand (typing in my username and password instead of using the 1Password Safari plugin). Once I get redirected by the site, I get the 1Password toolbar at the top of my screen asking me to save the username and password to 1Password, even though it's already in there.
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='phil_geek']Actually, it's doing to to any website I already have a login saved for in my 1Password.

Example, I go to ebay.com and login by hand (typing in my username and password instead of using the 1Password Safari plugin). Once I get redirected by the site, I get the 1Password toolbar at the top of my screen asking me to save the username and password to 1Password, even though it's already in there.[/QUOTE]

Hmm… I can't reproduce this. I just manually logged in to ebay and facebook, and neither time did 1Password ask me to create a new login.

Could you check the URLs of the pages where you are signing in compared to the URLs store in 1Password? It could be that a discrepancy there causes 1Password not to recognize a certain login, although I can't think of how that could be true for every login.

Thanks for your help!
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='phil_geek']Whenever I log into a website by hand that I've stored a username and password for the 1Password browser plugin for Safari asks me if I want to create a login in 1Password. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I don't recall it always doing that.[/QUOTE]

Which version of 1Password are you running? This was a bug several versions ago that has since been fixed. Could you please make sure you're running the latest version? You can do this by running 1Password and clicking 1Password > About 1Password. The current version is 3.2.5. If that's not the version you're running, quit Safari, run 1Password and click 1Password > Check for Updates. Once the update has been installed and 1Password restarted, run Safari.