This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Thunderbolt HTC

Hope you can assist me. I've downloaded the following keychain file:

1Password.agilekeychain into my dropbox and when i try to access it via my Thunderbolt HTC it gives me an error message saying 1Password data file not found.... Failure (red). I've tried using the Wifi connection and my mobile connection and both don't work. I'm able to access other documents that i've experimented with ie. photos, text documents. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hello rachel444,

First of all, thank you for your interest in 1Password for Android !

Please make sure that 1Password application is installed on your computer and you actually have a file named .ws.agile.1Password.settings in the root (topmost) directory of your Dropbox,open the file and make sure that it points to the correct location of your 1Password data file (1Password.agilekeychain) inside of your Dropbox. (notice that the .ws.agile.1Password.settings file may be hidden from view, so enable "Show hidden files option" on your PC/Mac) Notice that this file is created automatically by 1Password for Mac/PC application when you select an option to place your 1Password keychain into Dropbox. The only purpose of ws.agile.1Password.settings file is to let 1Password for Android know where exactly your 1Password data file is located.

Next, please install Dropbox for Android application (available for free on Market) on your phone and try to access 1Password.agilekeychain folder located inside of your Dropbox by using it. Try to download/read some files, make sure this process works OK.

Notice that in its current version, 1Password for Android is designed as a 1Password Data Reader and works in conjunction

with 1Password for Mac/PC and not as a stand-alone application. It works as a vault providing the functionality to store/review

the data on Android phone and synchronize the phone with Mac/PC through Dropbox Server.

Therefore, in order to see your secure data on your phone you should have 1Password application

installed on your PC or Mac first.

If .ws.agile.1Password.settings is found in the root directory of your Dropbox and a path specified in it does point to the location of 1Password.agilekeychain inside of Dropbox, try to resync one more time. It may be possible that Dropbox server is busy processing other requests and cannot accept your request at that time. Some customers already reported this intermittent issue which was resolved when they did another sync.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thank you and best regards,

Gene

Android Developer
  • [color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][left]Gene,[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][left]Since i posted this am, i went through the android forum and found the answer! It was so easy by following your instructions posted to another user. For those, who run into the same problem, i was copying/pasting just the agile keychan into dropbox instead of the 1password keychain folder that it was housed in. Finding the data location in 1Password preferences < General and making a copy of .agilekeychain folder to dropbox solved the issue. Thank you again for your help and to the team here![/left][/size][/font][/color]
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hello rachel444,

I am glad that your issue has been resolved !

Please stay tuned for the updates and always share with us your suggestions and recommendations on how to make 1Password for Android and other Agile application better !

Your feedback is very important for us !

Best regards,

Gene