This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

feature request - android client should autologin to apps

I thought the point of the android app was to have it stay running at all times and if unlocked (like the desktop version) it would autologin though for Android it makes more sense for it to enter username/password information into app login dialogs as well as web page forms in browsers. For example, if I open the twitter app on my phone I should have a key combination (like CTRL + \ on Windows) for Android that will fill in the username/password.

Maybe this already works and I'm just not aware, if so please enlighten me.

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hello[url="user/67459-markfaine/"] markfaine[/url]

First of all, thank you for your suggestions, I really appreciate user feedback which guides me in the development process.

Yes, 1Password Reader has autologin feature for webforms. When you open any login you can see a Autologin button on the top.

Click on the button and requested URL will be launched for you and username and password will be entered automatically for you.

Please notice that not every bit of functionality which is available on your computer is relevant for the small mobile devices, the behavior

is very different on smartphone than on computer.

Please let me know if you need more information, I will be glad to assist you further.

Best regards,

Gene

Android developer
  • I second this request, this would be a killer feature. We really need to be able to login to apps easily.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi guys,

I completely agree with you that it would be very nice to click autologin button and have the page opened in the browser window and not in the

WebForm which has limited functionality. Will need to research if all this is possible in the ICS.

Regards,

Gene