This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Updating versions is getting very annoying!

Hello,

I'd like to report a problem (IMHO) in 1Password.

1Password checks for updates periodically when It is asked to autocomplete something. This is VERY ANNOYING.

I use 1Password to autocomplete - It should do its job as fast as possible! Who cares about the new version when you just want to log in to you email/forum/bank account?

The most annoying thing is when you actually do update - This takes about 2 minutes, but in the most annoying times where you just sit and wait. You can't even continue browsing the internet!!

And accidental click on "Update" instead of "Cancel" could cost you 1-5 minutes of waiting for 1Password to finish downloading and installing itself.

Updating should happen automatically on the background. A utility tool should NEVER interrupt the user.

Most users don't really care about versions anyway...

I'm sorry for my tone, but this irritates me regularly.

Thanks

Nitay

Comments

• Nitay, the installer has to do things that require you to close all your browsers. There's currently no way around that. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If the update check is taking a long time, you might want to see if you're connecting to the Internet through a firewall or proxy server. If so, look at the Network tab of 1Password preferences or follow up with us here for assistance.

Another alternative is simply to disable the "check for new versions" option on the Updates tab of 1Password preferences. If you do, though, be sure you remember to check manually fairly frequently, because changes to browsers keep us cranking out updates at a sometimes surprising pace. Not only will you care about those updates (because an old version of 1Password may not work with a new browser), we also want you to be able to take advantage of new features and fixes as soon as they're available.

Thanks for your patience!