This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Touch Pro not working properly

bjgoldstein
bjgoldstein Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I downloaded 1Password Touch Pro 3 to my iPhone and it has several problems.

1. icon does not show "Pro"

2. After using Safari bookmarklet to access 1Password and clicking "copy" on a password it does not link back to originating web page

3. When accessing 1Password Pro from the Safari bookmarklet it requires going through both security passwords (youtube video shows going only through second level password)

I had regular 1Password Touch on my iphone when I downloaded Pro but have since deleted it.

Please advise.

Brian

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for registering and welcome.

1) The pro has a silver boarder around the icon and standard does not.

2) Not sure on this one, it should take you back to a white 1P notes page where you could paste the password so that safari doesnt reload on you. This is especially useful when copying 2 items out. Sounds like you just need to paste the item and then change back to the original page in safari. But if its just a password all you would need to do is just change to the page no need to paste if its not multiple items.

3) Thats correct logins require both pin and password so long as you have them set to high security the default, you could change some items to low security but, which would require pin only. It all depends on what level of protection you want for your passwords.

I havent had my morning coffee I am out the door to go get it. If I have missed anything just reply back and one of us will get a reply back to you.
  • intellogger
    intellogger Member
    edited April 2010
    [quote name='bjgoldstein']

2.[B][COLOR="red"] After using Safari bookmarklet to access 1Password and clicking "copy" on a password it does not link back to originating web page[/COLOR][/B]

Brian[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Hi Brian.

Welcome to the 1Pass Forum Community.

I duplicated your scenario using >>> [URL="http://help.agile.ws/___?javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:window.location='onepassword://'+window.location"]1 Pass Bookmarklet[/URL] <<< and concur that there is a bug with this feature.

When I try to copy password after using 1 Pass Bookmarklet, mobile Safari crashes and reverts back to

iphone home page. I also tried using >>> [URL="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/logins_bookmarklet.html"]1 Pass Logins Bookmarklet[/URL] <<< and had a similar result copying password.

Perhaps Tommy could add some input when he gets back from coffee break.

Definitely needs some attention.

Dan[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="red"]SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE: PLEASE SEE THIS VIDEO:[/COLOR][/SIZE][B][COLOR="red"][SIZE="3"]>>> [URL="http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/multi-item_clipboard.html"]Multi-Item Clipboard Feature[/URL] <<<[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="3"]Dan[/SIZE]
  • thightower
    thightower &quot;T-Dog&quot; Agile&#39;s Mascot Community Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Good one Dan :lol:

I forgot to add also about 12 hours at my normal full time job.

I was able to reproduce this, on my phone. However I am running a beta OS on the phone. So someone will need to comment from the team. I would surmise that this problem arose from the ipad integration.

However it works when copying out multiple items, but fails as you all noted when using just a single item.
  • Zews
    Zews Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='intellogger']

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="red"]SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE: PLEASE SEE THIS VIDEO:[/COLOR][/SIZE][B][COLOR="red"][SIZE="3"]>>> [URL="http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/multi-item_clipboard.html"]Multi-Item Clipboard Feature[/URL] <<<[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="3"]Dan[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

That is one insane solution!

This bug has been present since 4/20/2010 in version 3.1.1. It is now almost 2 moths later, and no workable update has been published in the app store. Agile is aware of this bug, but it seems that they are not committed to make it work as it is supposed to. I am still using version 2.3 on my phone, since at least that one works.

Agile seems to be concentrating all their efforts on the iPad and don't care much anymore about their iPhone customers.
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Zews']That is one insane solution!

This bug has been present since 4/20/2010 in version 3.1.1. It is now almost 2 moths later, and no workable update has been published in the app store. Agile is aware of this bug, but it seems that they are not committed to make it work as it is supposed to. I am still using version 2.3 on my phone, since at least that one works.

Agile seems to be concentrating all their efforts on the iPad and don't care much anymore about their iPhone customers.[/QUOTE]

We are still working on that and do hope to have an update soon. As noted, you can use the multi-item clipboard as a workaround at the moment. The Login to Safari Bookmarklet also works on all the iDevices (I actually like it better, but that's just me).

I'm sorry you feel that we're concentrating all our efforts on the iPad. That's just not true. We're working on multiple improvements at the moment that will help in several areas on all the devices. We love our customers and we try to do what we can to keep everyone happy. It's a tough job, but we try ;)