This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Unable to Open Keychain Stored on Dropbox

brandonhines
edited December 2011 in Windows Beta
I'm having an issue accessing my keychain. I'm using 1Password for Windows 1.0.9.243, Dropbox 1.2.49, and 1Password Pro for iPhone 3.6.1.

When I attempt to access the keychian on Dropox, I get the error:

[quote]"C:\Users\Brandon\My Dropbox\.1Password\1Password.agilekeychain" is not a 1 Password Data Folder.

Dropbox is probably busy syncing your 1Password Data. Please wait.[/quote]

My entire Dropbox folder is synced/current.

When I download the keychain from dropbox.com and attempt to load it, I get the error:

[quote]"C:\Users\Brandon\Downloads\1Password\.1Password\1Password.agilekeychain" is not a 1 Password Data Folder.

Changing your master password in the Mac version might correct this problem.[/quote]

My iPhone has no issue accessing the keychain.

I thought I might be able to use Wi-Fi sync with my iPhone, but it doesn't look like the Windows version supports that. Is there another solution to my problem?

[b]Update: Issue [/b][b]resolved[/b]

My keychain was missing the following to files:

[quote]

.\data\default\encryptionKeys.js

.\data\default\1password.keys

[/quote]

By restoring those two files from a backup (that had the same master password), the keychain was accessible again.

Comments

• Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    @brandonhines: it is choking on that dot in your directory name:

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]C:\Users\Brandon\My Dropbox\[b].1Password[/b]\1Password.agilekeychain[/font]

I'm going to fix this ASAP. In the meantime, please rename "[font=courier new,courier,monospace].1Password[/font]" to "[font=courier new,courier,monospace]1Password[/font]" (no quotes) or forget about that subdirectory altogether:

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]C:\Users\Brandon\My Dropbox\1Password.agilekeychain[/font]

Thanks!

--Stefan.
  • brandonhines
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the quick response Stefan.

Removing the dot or moving the keychain to the root of the Dropbox produces:

[quote]"C:\Users\Brandon\My Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain" is not a 1Password Data Folder.

Changing your master password in the Mac version might correct this problem.

[/quote]

[quote]"C:\Users\Brandon\My Dropbox\1Password.agilekeychain" is not a 1Password Data Folder.

Changing your master password in the Mac version might correct this problem.

[/quote]
  • Brandon, Dropbox might need a few minutes to complete the sync of the newly reorganized folder structure.

Please let us know whether this problem persists.
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    @brandonhines: please contact me off-list.

stefan AT agilebits DOT com

Thanks!
  • This is the result of a corruption of the 1Password data folder, and the solution is to restore from a 1Password backup.
  • [b]Update: Issue [/b][b]resolved[/b]

My keychain was missing the following to files:

[quote]

.\data\default\encryptionKeys.js

.\data\default\1password.keys

[/quote]

By restoring those two files from a backup (that had the same master password), the keychain was accessible again.
  • Please note that [i]we do not support[/i] restoration (or any other direct manipulation) of individual files within the 1Password data folder. You may be lucky (as I'm happy to hear seems to have been the case, here), but it really is just a matter of luck.

The supported solution is to restore a backup from within 1Password itself.