This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Received update without opening program first

srallen4
edited December 2011 in Windows
I received an update notice for 1Password after starting up my computer this morning. This is the first time I was alerted to update without first opening the program.

After the update completed, I got a message box with a red circle and just one word: "OK". Is this expected, because it appears strange to me?

Comments

• Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    [quote name='srallen4' timestamp='1323956954' post='55545']

I received an update notice for 1Password after starting up my computer this morning. This is the first time I was alerted to update without first opening the program.

[/quote]

Starting with 1.0.9.242, the 1Password helper (a hidden process that starts automatically and powers our new extensions for Safari and Chrome) is going to check for updates, too. We're doing this because when there is a problem with this 1Password helper, we'll want to fix this ASAP and we cannot wait for the user launching our 1Password application (some users rarely do).

[quote name='srallen4' timestamp='1323956954' post='55545']

After the update completed, I got a message box with a red circle and just one word: "OK". Is this expected, because it appears strange to me?

[/quote]

When did you see this message box? immediately after the 1Password helper downloaded the update, or after the setup wizard?
  • The message box appeared after the setup completed.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks! We will keep an eye on this. If you see it again, a screenshot would be really helpful. In the meantime, please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We are always here to help!