This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Suggestion Ability to share logins

stevenc317
stevenc317 Members
edited December 1969 in Mac
I know this has been discussed before, but I wanted to bring it back up again.

The ability to share specific logins with other 1Password users at your home/office. I know I am not the only person that has a handful of login credentials that need to be shared among a select handful of individuals. For example, the logins for servers need to be shared between myself and my business partner. Right now the only way is to jot it down in textedit and save on a shared volume or email it to each other. Both of these are very insecure and a bit of a pain.

The only way that is 'close' to this is to use the same 1password key chain and save on dropbox, but then I cannot have any private logins that are not shared.

I would love to be able to mark these specific logins as sharable and allow others on my local network to be able to sync these accounts (including changes) between these systems. Some sort of very basic user authentication that allows me to approve which users can access which logins would be very helpful.

Dropbox support would be cool too.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• stevenc317
    stevenc317 Members
    edited December 1969
    One possible way to make this work without *too* much recoding on the part of Dave & Roustem. The ability to (simultaneously) have multiple keychains open, one that is your main 'private' keychain the other is the shared one and can be shared via dropbox (using dropbox's own sharing permissions).

But i see that was already talked about here -http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?23570-use-two-databases-and-share-one
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi Steven,

We were talking about this just today around the virtual water cooler, it really would be a handy feature. We're not entirely sure which route we want to go down but sharing is certainly on the To-Do list for future updates.
  • stevenc317
    stevenc317 Members
    edited December 1969
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I agree there are multiple ways to go about it. Whether it be a fully in-house system or have a 2nd key-chain that can be shared via dropbox. How ever it is done, as long as I can share select logins with select individuals across all the support 1Password platforms (Mac, Windows, iPhone, etc.)
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='stevenc317']Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I agree there are multiple ways to go about it. Whether it be a fully in-house system or have a 2nd key-chain that can be shared via dropbox. How ever it is done, as long as I can share select logins with select individuals across all the support 1Password platforms (Mac, Windows, iPhone, etc.)[/QUOTE]

For posterity, and to keep expectations realistic, this is not something that we will be able to deliver immediately. While it is a desired feature and on our "to-do list," there are a couple other things on top of it. I personally would love to see this, too, since I help my family with computer stuff and am often needing to access some of their information and give them access to some of mine.

P.S. Family, as in, parents and siblings, not wife and kids :-)