This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

problem logging in with extension for Chrome 16

farmer1973
edited December 2011 in Windows Beta
[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Since[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]the emergence of[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]a new extension[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]I have problems[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]with logging[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4].[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]I can not[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]log in[/size][/font][/color] [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]at all[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4].[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4][img]http://i.imgur.com/MHiFz.png[/img][/size][/font][/color]

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    edited December 2011
    farmer1973, please make sure you're using the latest version of 1Password:[list=1]

[*]Launch 1Password.

[*]Choose [b]Help[/b] > [b]Check for New Version[/b].

[/list]

When you've got the latest version of 1Password for Windows, make sure you have the latest version of the extension for Chrome:[list=1]

[*]Launch Chrome.

[*]Click the "wrench" icon in the toolbar.

[*]Choose [b]Options[/b].

[*]Select the [b]Extensions[/b] tab.

[*]Check the version of the 1Password extension.

[/list]

If it's [i]NOT[/i] 3.8.8.38899:[list=1]

[*]Click the [b]Remove[/b] button.

[*]Launch 1Password.

[*]Click the [b]Preferences[/b] tool.

[*]Select the [b]Browsers[/b] tab.

[*]Click the [b]Install Chrome Extension[/b] button.

[*]Follow the instructions to download and install the latest version of the extension.

[/list]

Please let us know how it goes!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited December 2011
    If you still have problems, farmer1973, please try these tips:

[quote]

If you see a persistent red "badge" on the 1Password button in Chrome, and Windows terminates Chrome when you click the 1Password button, please launch the 1Password program, and choose [b]Help[/b] > [b]Restart 1Password Helper[/b].

If you receive a message about "agent/helper not connected," please try these tips, in the order shown, until the problem is solved:

[list=1]

[*]Make sure you have the latest version of 1Password. Quit Chrome, launch the 1Password program, and choose [b]Help[/b] > [b]Check for New Version[/b].

[*]If the problem persists, it is possible the 1Password Helper did not properly update itself. Launch the 1Password program, choose [b]Help[/b] > [b]Restart 1Password Helper[/b], wait 10 seconds, and then relaunch Chrome.

[*]If the problem persists, it is possible you are using a proxy to connect to the Internet, and the proxy is preventing the connection. Launch Internet Explorer, choose [b]Tools[/b] > [b]Internet options[/b], select the [b]Connections[/b] tab, click the [b]LAN settings[/b]button, and enable the [b]Bypass proxy server for local addresses[/b] option. Click the [b]Advanced[/b] button; under [b]Exceptions[/b], add 127.0.0.1 to the list of exceptions (as in [b]*.local;127.0.0.1[/b]). Click the [b]OK[/b] button to close each of the dialog boxes. (If you are using a Firefox proxy extension, you will need to configure it appropriately, as well.)

[*]If the problem persists, it is possible you are using a firewall. If so, please add port 6258 to the "exceptions" list in the firewall configuration.

[*]If the problem persists, launch the 1Password program, choose [b]Help[/b] > [b]Diagnostics Report[/b] > [b]E-mail to AgileBits[/b], add a description of the problem to your message, and send it to us ([i]support@agilebits.com[/i]) so we can help.

[/list]

[/quote]