This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Make Download URL field into a link

Just ran into a minor UI issues using 1Password for Windows (Version 1.0.9.247).

When you are looking at a Software entry (not editing), it would be convenient to be able to select and copy the download URL; however this text is not selectable.

Best solution (IMHO) be to make the text selectable and turn the field into a clickable link (when the item is not being edited).

It's not an Earth-shattering problem, but it's an easy fix for one of your prolific developers (perhaps when they want to do something a little more relaxing than their usual work).

Thanks.

Comments

• Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    [quote name='AltmanSoftware' timestamp='1324588535' post='56033']

When you are looking at a Software entry (not editing), it would be convenient to be able to select and copy the download URL; however this text is not selectable. Best solution (IMHO) be to make the text selectable and turn the field into a clickable link (when the item is not being edited).

[/quote]

As far as I understand, the text is selectable when in edit mode (read: when you double-click on an item), and it is a clickable hyperlink when in non-edit mode. As I missing something?
  • [quote name='Stefan von Dutch' timestamp='1324589013' post='56034']

As far as I understand, the text is selectable when in edit mode...and it is a clickable hyperlink when in non-edit mode. As I missing something?

[/quote]

Nope—that's exactly correct.

A.S, you can also invoke "edit mode" by clicking the [b]Edit[/b] button in the details area (the lower right quadrant of the 1Password window) when the Software item is selected in the list area (the upper right quadrant).