This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Android, DropBox, and multiple 1Pwd keychains

AltmanSoftware
AltmanSoftware Junior Member
The other day I had a very unnerving problem with 1Password and dropbox; it appears that dropbox was having some kind of file difficulties because a number of my devices (Macbook, Android phone, & iPhone) were unable to open my keychain. The problem eventually resolved itself; the Macbook was able to open the 1Pwd keychain correctly, as was the iPhone. (Incidentally, my iPad was not affected as I was in the process of replacing a WiFi router, so it was operating disconnected, with cached data.)

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get my Android phone back to correct operation. I have two separate 1Pwd keychains stored in Dropbox (home and work); and the 1Pwd on Android is opening the wrong keychain (successfully, I might add). As of yet, I have not seen any means of instructing the app which dropbox directory it should open (it always opened the correct one before, and I never switch between keychains on my phones).

Is there any way to resolve this, short of removing one directory (temporarily)?

Thanks

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 2011
    Hello AltmanSoftware

I have a solution for your issue.

Please locate a file .ws.agile.1Password.settings in the root (topmost) directory of your Dropbox. Open the file and make sure that it points to the correct location of your 1Password data file (1Password.agilekeychain) inside of your Dropbox. (notice that the .ws.agile.1Password.settings file may be hidden from view, so enable "Show hidden files option" on your PC/Mac)

The tiny file .ws.agile.1Password.settings is created automatically by 1Password for Mac/PC application when you select an option to place your 1Password keychain into Dropbox.

The only purpose of ws.agile.1Password.settings file is to let 1Password for Android know where exactly your 1Password data file is located.

Make sure that the path in this file points to the correct location of your 1Password data file.

Next exit and relaunch 1Password reader and sync your phone again.

(Switching between keychains is supported in 1Password reader, the functionality has been thoroughly tested)

However, if the issue still persists, delete a Dropbox folder on your phone's SD card, clear application data and do fresh sync.

Please let me know if the solution works for you, otherwise I will be glad to assist you further.

Best regards,

Gene

Android developer