This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Password not being filled at commerzbanking.de

Marc Tiedemann
Marc Tiedemann Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I have saved my login for commerzbanking.de online banking several times using different methods (automatic, manually, update).

Whenever I go to that site I'm presented with an alert pop-up saying that I should provide a PIN in the PIN field.

The URL is: [url]www.commerzbanking.de[/url] which forwards to this URL [url]https://www.commerzbanking.de/P-Portal2/XML/ifilportal/pgf.html?tab=3[/url]

Thanks

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Marc Tiedemann']I have saved my login for commerzbanking.de online banking several times using different methods (automatic, manually, update).

Whenever I go to that site I'm presented with an alert pop-up saying that I should provide a PIN in the PIN field.

The URL is: [url]www.commerzbanking.de[/url] which forwards to this URL [url]https://www.commerzbanking.de/P-Portal2/XML/ifilportal/pgf.html?tab=3[/url]

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi Marc, and welcome to the forums!

I did some experimenting on that site, and could only get the login to work on the front page by using a multi-step process, which I can share with you if you want. However, I discovered that a much easier alternative is to use this page to login:

[url]https://www.commerzbanking.de/P-Portal1/XML/ifilportal/pgf.html[/url]

It does not have the same problems that the home page does with the login. The problem with the home page is that it uses javascript to do something that messes up 1Password. If you use the above page to login, all should be well. If you use the Go & Fill feature of 1Password, you will want to change the Login item's URL to that as well.

Please let me know if you have further questions or if you prefer to try the home page workaround.

Thanks!
  • Marc Tiedemann
    Marc Tiedemann Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks Rob,

that solution works perfectly. No need for me to fiddle with the "portal2" page. Saves me some nerves since I'm logging in there several times a day and I was growing a bit weary of copy+paste.
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Marc Tiedemann']Thanks Rob,

that solution works perfectly. No need for me to fiddle with the "portal2" page. Saves me some nerves since I'm logging in there several times a day and I was growing a bit weary of copy+paste.[/QUOTE]

Great! I'm glad that works for you. If we can be of further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the update!
  • Hi Rob,

I would like to use 1Password with commerzbanking.de as well. But using the direct login page as suggested might pose a problem as visitors are being redirected to different p-portal sites everytime one visits commerzbanking.de. Just give it a try, you will get differing result from p-portal1 to p-portal9. Looks like a load balancing thing for me. So it might be possible, that p-portal1 (for example) is not available, but p-portal2 oder 5 is.

So I really would like to use the login form on the front page commerzbanking.de resp. the page which you are redirected to automatically. Could you look into this once again and maybe share your multi step process?

Thanks in advance

Arno
  • Hi Arno,

Unfortunately, the login form on the main page uses a lot of JavaScript, and I'm really not seeing a way to fill it using 1Password, even with our new Chrome extension. I'll ask Rob what his multi-step approach was when he's next around though.

I'm not honestly sure of the meaning of p-portal, but I just checked the direct login link Rob provided and it's still accessible regardless of the portal I'm being redirected to. Load balancing for a bank should be more transparent than this, it should just happen in the background.

Sorry we don't have a better way for you to login right now, we are looking at solutions to overcome what we'd call 'Death by JavaScript' in some login pages, but I don't have a timeframe for when this may be available.

[quote name='Arno Gramatke' timestamp='1303800070' post='25676']

Hi Rob,

I would like to use 1Password with commerzbanking.de as well. But using the direct login page as suggested might pose a problem as visitors are being redirected to different p-portal sites everytime one visits commerzbanking.de. Just give it a try, you will get differing result from p-portal1 to p-portal9. Looks like a load balancing thing for me. So it might be possible, that p-portal1 (for example) is not available, but p-portal2 oder 5 is.

So I really would like to use the login form on the front page commerzbanking.de resp. the page which you are redirected to automatically. Could you look into this once again and maybe share your multi step process?

Thanks in advance

Arno

[/quote]
  • With the new extension for FF6 I am able to log in to commerzbanking.de from the front page finally. So thumbs up on this one.

BUT: my log in name ("Anmeldename") also ends up in the search field. That's weird and doesn't make me feel very comfortable as I don't know, whether my password is also entered in some other hidden field. Can someone please check on this?

The field names in the saved login are called "PltLogin_8_txtTeilnehmernummer" and "PltLogin_8_txtPIN".
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi Arno,

I took a look at this and I don't see any evidence that the password is being filled into any fields it is not supposed to.

Thanks

Ben
  • Hi Ben,

I tried to recreate this login as you suggested in the iStockphoto thread I started. Now I have two login items in my 1PW database:[list=1]

[*]The old login does work, but enters the username also in the search field.

[*]The new one I created does not work as the password is not being entered.

[/list]

In the 1PW application both look the same for. Same URL, same field names, same values. If there is anything I can do to help you debug this, just send me a PM. If there is anything I can do to help in debugging this, just let me know. Is there a way to take a look at the raw data 1PW has saved for these two login items?

Cheers

Arno
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited September 2011
    Hi Amo,

Thanks for writing back. You can get the raw [i]decrypted[/i] data by opening the main 1Password app, select the item and then "command+c" to copy the raw data of the item. You can open any text editor and paste in the data to view, please don't save or share it with anybody unless it's our CS team to help investigate an issue like this. The reason is that it'll show your private data in clear text.

I sent you a PM for those details (while censoring the private data).