This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Problems with the new update for 1Password

sickorsane
edited January 2012 in Windows
I post this in hopes that you will make 1Password better. Before this latest update, 1Password was perfect, I honestly had no complaints. But now with this update, anytime I unlock my browser extension I have to click out of it then click back for it to work. You took away the search box, now I have to click into it to use. Anytime I fill out a form on a website it ask if I want save my password. I work on wordpress all day so I constantly updating pages and 1password keeps asking if I want to save the password. No I don't. The grey bar at the top of the screen would be ok except it covers the content beneath, it should push it down so I can see everything. You shouldn't have changed anything.

Comments

• Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    [quote name='sickorsane' timestamp='1325732140' post='56701']

I post this in hopes that you will make 1Password better. Before this latest update, 1Password was perfect, I honestly had no complaints. But now with this update

[/quote]

what update? (what version were you on and what version are you currently running?)

anytime I unlock my browser extension I have to click out of it then click back for it to work.

[/quote]

what web browser? please be more specific.

You took away the search box, now I have to click into it to use.

[/quote]

Assuming you're running Google Chrome, the search box is still there. Simply click the magnifying glass in the upper-left corner. Or (even better), start typing your search string immediately and the search box will appear automatically.

Anytime I fill out a form on a website it ask if I want save my password.

[/quote]

Assuming you're running Google Chrome, this problem has been fixed in 1.0.9.247 but you probably need to remove (and then re-install) our Chrome extension.
  • SOS, welcome to the forum!

I hope you'll understand why I've changed the subject of this thread. Just saying 1Password sucks doesn't help your fellow forum visitors determine (at a glance) whether the thread covers a topic in which they might be interested, too.

It sounds like you've made a big leap in versions, taking you from the "old" technology used for the extension for Chrome to the "new" technology. As you may know from having read some of the other threads in the forum, we [i]had[/i] to switch to the new technology in order to continue integrating 1Password with Chrome. Among the side benefits of the switch is that implementing the new technology allows us to support Safari for Windows, as well—something a small but passionate group of Safari users has been advocating for many months.

We hope you'll come to love the new extension for Chrome, as we have. We'll be changing our extension for Firefox to the same technology, too!

In the meantime, if you're willing to provide the information Stefan has requested above, we'll do everything we can to help.

Thanks!