This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password asks to save passwords for sites that are already saved

gabrielblau
gabrielblau Junior Member
1password on my mac and PC both always ask to save passwords for sites, even when the site is already in my 1password database. It's getting really annoying. help

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, Gabriel!

What versions of 1Password are you using on your Mac and PC?

For what versions of which browsers have you enabled the 1Password extensions?

What are the version numbers of those browser extensions?

Thanks!
  • [quote name='gabrielblau' timestamp='1326235362' post='57041']

1password on my mac and PC both always ask to save passwords for sites, even when the site is already in my 1password database. It's getting really annoying. help

[/quote]

Amen! I have exactly the same problem since the last browser extension update. The save passwords dialog comes up for sites I already have in the database, in the middle of other web site interactions not related to logins, etc. It has transformed my experience with 1Password from one of the best to being quite annoying.

The 1Password banner is interrupting me on an almost constant basis since the last update.

My browser extension shows 3.8.9.38999

My Windows 7 PC shows version 1.0.9.263
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Have you tried to remove (and then re-install) our Chrome extension?
  • [quote name='Stefan von Dutch' timestamp='1326557145' post='57187']

[/quote]

Good point as I don't think it is doing the same thing in IE9, actually I'm not even sure if I remember it working in IE9.. anyways, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the Chrome plugin.
  • It's also always a good idea to make sure you're running the latest version of 1Password.

Please let us know how it goes.
  • [quote name='Stefan von Dutch' timestamp='1326557145' post='57187']

[/quote]

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Chrome extension and the result is still the same. Sometimes the 1Password dialog is popping up for sites that already exist in the password database, also when I've already authenticated and am browsing in some web sites.

Chrome version 16.0.912 on Windows 7 64 bit.

This has only been an issue since my last update of the Chrome extension and looks like a bug in the new code.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    We recommend disabling browsers' own password managers when using 1Password for both additional security — search the web for "browser password security" — and to help avoid confusion that stems from using two password managers congruently.

Have you tried disabling your browser's own autofill to attempt to narrow down the problem? In Chrome, click the "wrench" button then [b]Options > Personal Stuff > Never Save Passwords.[/b]

Does the issue persist?

I am not able to reproduce the issue myself, and it can be very difficult to resolve a problem we cannot duplicate. Could you give me a list of specific steps to take in order to reproduce the problem? Specific URLs may be helpful if you are not seeing it happen on every single site.
  • Making sure the browser extensions and the main app are both updated seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for the help.
  • That's good new, Joe! Thanks for updating the conversation.