This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Problem with 1Password Helper

I am using 39300.070 and I started getting the red exclamation point in Firefox. I shut down 1Password Helper then restarted my early 2011 MBP. Now 1Password Helper does not load at boot?

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi Ray,

Did you by any chance use the beta version of the Firefox extension recently such as 3.9.0 beta 5?

If you did, you'll need to reinstall the Firefox extension. Please refer to this [url="http://mikhailt.clarify-it.com/d/4zpylm"]guide[/url] to remove the extension completely and then open the main 1Password app and go to the 1Password Menu > Install Browser Extensions to install your Firefox extension again.

If not, please open the main 1Password app and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Extensions, are both options under [b]Browser Extension [/b]enabled? If not, please check them and then go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper. Restart Firefox and see if that'll help.

I hope that helps, please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Okay the 2nd suggestion fixed the problem. How did they become unchecked I wonder?
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi Ray,

Thanks for the update, I'm glad that fixed it.

It is likely that when you updated the Beta app, it reset the options for the Helper and I saw this happen to me once. I'll check for this in the next beta update to make sure that it is not a bug that we caused.
  • luke1970
    luke1970 Junior Member
    [quote name='rayfinkle' timestamp='1327452908' post='57687']

I am using 39300.070 and I started getting the red exclamation point in Firefox. I shut down 1Password Helper then restarted my early 2011 MBP. Now 1Password Helper does not load at boot?

[/quote]

Same problem here with Safari Extension 3.9.0b8 on MacOS X 10.7.2

Strange is: Firefox 10 works fine with extension 3.9.0b7
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    [quote name='luke1970' timestamp='1328094349' post='57923']

Same problem here with Safari Extension 3.9.0b8 on MacOS X 10.7.2

Strange is: Firefox 10 works fine with extension 3.9.0b7

[/quote]

Are you currently running 1Password.app 3.9.4 beta?