This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password for Windows and Safari

2»

Comments

• I am experiencing this exact problem. 1Password in Safari shows the red 1 badge and says "Agent not connected" when I enter my password. Restarting has not worked and Agile1pAgent.exe is running. I will be following your response to Sarayao's screen shots of his Safari Advanced settings. Very excited you're adding this extension. Thanks.
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    [quote name='nkmower' timestamp='1322782062' post='54785']

I am experiencing this exact problem. 1Password in Safari shows the red 1 badge and says "Agent not connected" when I enter my password. Restarting has not worked and Agile1pAgent.exe is running. I will be following your response to Sarayao's screen shots of his Safari Advanced settings. Very excited you're adding this extension. Thanks.

[/quote]

Did you configure the proxy settings? (as described earlier in this topic)
  • [quote name='Stefan von Dutch' timestamp='1322216890' post='54400']

The red badge is saying: "1Password helper is not running". Have you tried to restart your system?

If you are using a proxy to connect to the internet, it is possible that the proxy is preventing the connection to the 1Password helper.

To solve this, please follow these steps:

1. Open the Windows Control Panel (Start > Control Panel)

2. Open the Internet Options

3. Click on the "Connections" tab

4. Click on the "LAN settings" button

5. if "use a proxy server" is checked, make sure "bypass proxy server for local addresses" is also checked

6. Click on the "Advanced" button

7. Under "Exceptions", make sure [b]127.0.0.1[/b] is added, for example: [b]*.local;127.0.0.1[/b]

Please let me know how this worked out.

[/quote]

"Use a proxy server" is not checked. So I assume the proxy is not an issue. Thanks.
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Are you running Firewall software?
  • Yes. Sophos software.
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Have you tried turning off Sophos? Does this solve the problem? If yes, then you might want to add an exception for 127.0.0.1 and/or port number 6258 to Sophos.