This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1password not working with Safari 5.1 (Snow Leopard)

2»

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks for confirming that, Rebel!

Could you please try the new Beta release (3.6.5.BETA-3) and see if it fixes this problem? You can do this by going to the 1Password > Preferences window, selecting the Update panel, enable the "Include Beta versions" checkbox, and then click Check Now. Once the update is installed, try again and see if it helps.

If you are still having trouble, could you tell me in a bit more detail exactly what the problem is that you are having?

Thanks! I'd love to get things working well for you.
  • I, too, was having the same problems. And I was confused by the suggested fix. However, it appears to be finally working again (in Snow Leopard).

In the main application:

Preferences...>Updates> Check "Include Beta versions"

Check Now and update the application - This will update the main application to 3.6.5.BETA-3 (Build 31072)

In Safari:

Install the extension 3.6.5.BETA-27

So far on several sites, it appears to work. Still deciding if I like the new format. Seems to be a little regressive in ease of use.
  • tanzido
    tanzido Junior Member
    I got 1Password to reappear in Safari 5.1 and it brings up the new menu with my passwords but on my banking website it fills the information but when it submits it reverts back to the submit page. Only work around I have found is to disable auto submit and submit the password manually.
  • Gilles9
    Gilles9 Senior Member
    [quote name='tanzido' timestamp='1311435745' post='33332']

I got 1Password to reappear in Safari 5.1 and it brings up the new menu with my passwords but on my banking website it fills the information but when it submits it reverts back to the submit page. Only work around I have found is to disable auto submit and submit the password manually.

[/quote]

I have exactly the same problem with two bank accounts, only with 5.1 , Safari 5.05 is ok

and the same work around works

unfortuantely, with the 1P extension, you cannot, yet, set the autosubmit on or off for each application, so it is a pain having to do it too in sites that 1P still works OK
  • @khad, could you please verify that users can no longer right click in Username/password box to open 1P and have it autofill?

Thanks.
  • Hello Killian,

You are correct. At this time, you cannot right-click in the username or password box to open 1P and have it autofill.

You'll be able to find more details on the Forums is you search for "context menus" or "contextual menus".

Adding 1Password back to the context menus is an area we are investigating right now.

I'm sorry that I do not have additional information to report at this time, but please check back on the Forums for new developments.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Jaycer
    Jaycer Junior Member
    My two cents... PLEASE re-introduce the ability to open the application from the extension. I've saved a LOT of info in there, and it used to be so simple to 'launch 1 Password'.

Love the app... have a family pack so it's on all my Macs and iPhone with everything synched up beautifully. Keep working on the enhancements... it is much appreciated!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2011
    Hey Jaycer,

Thanks for the kind words! We are working hard to bring back whatever functions Safari's new API will allow.

Unfortunately, so application interactions are now prohibited. If there is a way to add back the ability to launch 1P from the extension, I'm hoping it can be found.

However, I do not believe it is likely at this time. As I've mentioned to some members, if you wish to regain much of the functionality in the Safari 5.0 browser extension, including the ability to launch 1Password from the 1P icon, please consider trying the Firefox 5 browser.

It is compatible with Lion and the latest version of 1Password (3.6.5), and the 1P icon functions are a mirror image of the Safari 5.0 extension.

Take a look and see if this option will provide you with a short term solution. I use it occasionally, and it feels just like old times!

Cheers!

Brandt
  • rdouma
    rdouma Junior Member
    [quote name='gpc' timestamp='1311265952' post='32701']

If you have Websnapper installed, try removing it from Safari.

[/quote]

Thank you SO much for pointing this out. I was going crazy over this one. This indeed did the trick!
  • Hey rdouma,

Thanks for updating the thread! I'm sure others will benefit from your post.

Cheers!

Brandt