This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

IE Crash at exit

2»

Comments

• Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    EIKA,

I have created and uploaded a DEBUG build for you here:

(temporary URL deleted)

Thanks, Stefan.
  • Thanks!

How to use it? What is the differencies from normal one?
  • Ok, I see View Log and Send Log.
  • I will also give this a whirl, if that's OK with you guys...
  • Bob, I assume Stefan has no objection, as he put the link and login credentials in a public forum.
  • I do not understand how to use this debug release. View Log always says [b][FILE CANNOT BE OPENNED][/b]. Even after IE extension crash.
  • Same for me...

although I haven't had a crash yet...
  • Just so you know...I staill haven't had a crash since I installed the logging version.

Sigh. A typical Heisenbug!
  • Yeah, it's definitely Somebody's Law. Thanks for trying.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos Junior Member
    Wow. This is crazy. There still seem to be real humans out there using IE. This is crazy...
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited October 2011
    Well, we [i]are[/i] talking about Windows, which represents about 80% of the page hits; and about 35% of page hits are reported as coming from IE 6, 7, 8, or 9.
  • Interesting.

haven't had a crash for a LONG time. Still using the 'debug' version.

Just turned on the "Keep extensions unlocked when browsers are closed" preference option.

lo and behold...the crash is back.

I looked in the Log/View Log entry and only see:

[FILE CANNOT BE OPENNED]

Oh well.

If I try Log/Send Log..., i get an email (to: [email="support-windows@agilebits.com"]support-windows@agilebits.com[/email], title: 1Password 1.0.8.221 (1Password.exe.log)) but it doesn't have any attachment or any useful content (only my signature text).
  • Yes, the Log commands were removed in later "debug" versions Stefan made available, and now the debug versions have been superseded by a stable release.

Let us know if you see the same problem in the current release, if you're willing to try it.