This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password and Safari 5.0

Comments

• Proguy94
    Proguy94 1Password touch Beta Team
    edited December 1969
    Safari 5 still does not work with 1Password
  • zutty
    zutty Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I just went into Time Machine and put back 4.0.5 and it works fine...I'll wait for a fix before upgrading Safari (again)
  • chadseld
    chadseld 1Password Developer
    edited December 1969
    A new build is coming. Thanks for being patient.
  • creator2456
    creator2456 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Safari 4.0.5 - [s][url]http://support.apple.com/kb/dl877[/url][/s]

Just takes you to the Safari 5 download.
  • flec65
    flec65 Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks chadseld. Agile is quick to respond as ever.
  • docmas
    docmas Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    You know, normally I would be patient, but the only reason that I upgraded to Safari 5 today was that the 1Password update today said "compatible with Safari 5" !!!

Otherwise, I certainly would have waited a week or two in order to not lose the "1P".

So, it really sucks that I/we were misinformed and I am hopeful that the fix will be coming soon as it's an inconvenient mess for now.

Adam
  • hotsoda
    hotsoda Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='chadseld']A new build is coming. Thanks for being patient.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update guys! Looking forward to it.
  • chadseld
    chadseld 1Password Developer
    edited December 1969
    1Password 3.2.1 is out. Enjoy :)
  • mozart11
    mozart11 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Not trying to be critical on my part. Just putting the info out there. Agile is the most responsive out there.

It's always funny though how we end up depending on some things. 1PW being so great. Anyone remember phone numbers on your cell anymore? LOL
  • halfpast3
    halfpast3 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    So I installed 3.2.0 and Safari 5, no go like everyone else, however, in the 30 between finding this thread and happening to go back to 1Password, I found that 3.2.1 is out and it works with Safari 5. You guys rock!

Carl
  • mozart11
    mozart11 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Works perfect now. Thanks so much
  • stevieg3
    stevieg3 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    thanks chadseld - you guys kick butt! nice response...
  • al3x
    al3x Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Works here. Thanks, Chad! You guys are awesome.
  • zutty
    zutty Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Amazing!!! BRAVO!!!!
  • docmas
    docmas Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks so much, I certainly appreciate the quick fix. Now we'll see if Safari 5 is all it's cracked up to be (y)(y)(y)
  • wlmorin
    wlmorin Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    You guys are awesome
  • michaelnoble
    michaelnoble Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    nice job guys! True Support! Thanks!!!
  • Frout
    Frout Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    1Password 3.1.3 (build 30645) is actually working fine for me with Safari 5, but I'm still on 10.5.8 because I have a PPC G5. I'm going to update 1Password anyway of course, but thought I'd mention it. Thanks for being quick with a fix (even if I didn't need it), though, you guys rock.
  • neilio
    neilio Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Strangely, the new build still isn't working for me - I've tried quitting Safari, uninstalling the extension, reinstalling it, and then restarting Safari but no dice. (And yes, I've confirmed that I'm running 1Password 3.2.1.)

My system is not in English (it's in French) - could this be related?

Neil
  • itistoday
    itistoday Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    3.2.1 not working here either. :-\
  • itistoday
    itistoday Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='itistoday']3.2.1 not working here either. :-\[/QUOTE]

OK, nevermind. I got it to work by going into the 1Password preferences and toggling the checkbox for Safari in the Browser's panel.
  • Roger39
    Roger39 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I am very impressed how fast you got the update out for Safari 5. WAy to go! Thank you.
  • James SCL
    James SCL Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Nice job guys! Excellent support as usual. Thanks!
  • ljun
    ljun Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Does the new update use the new "extensions" mechanism Apple added to Safari 5? Or does it still hack it in like before?
  • Alex Knight
    Alex Knight Member
    edited December 1969
    I doubt they even have the SDK to develop a Safari 5 extension yet. Also, given the fact that they squeezed this update out in record time, it must be the old method.

[quote name='ljun']Does the new update use the new "extensions" mechanism Apple added to Safari 5? Or does it still hack it in like before?[/QUOTE]
  • jimbo60640
    jimbo60640 Junior Member
    edited June 2010
    OK, I'm confused. I'm using 1Password on a Snow Leopard system and find that it's F.U.B.A.R. I emailed AWS support and got a timely, charming reply instructing me to update to 1Password 3! All I want is to get my current version (2) to work with Safari 5. Is there no way to do this? Not to put too fine a point on it, 1Password 2 worked fine on Snow Leopard/Safari 4! If it's fixable for ver 3 why is it not fixable for ver 2?!? Hmmmmm......
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='jimbo60640']OK, I'm confused. I'm using 1Password on a Snow Leopard system and find that it's F.U.B.A.R. I emailed AWS support and got a timely, charming reply instructing me to update to 1Password 3! All I want is to get my current version (2) to work with Safari 5. Is there no way to do this? Not to put too fine a point on it, 1Password 2 worked fine on Snow Leopard/Safari 4! If it's fixable for ver 3 why is it not fixable for ver 2?!? Hmmmmm......[/QUOTE]

Please see [URL="http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?24348-Safari-5-iPassword-2-not-working"]this thread[/URL] for the information that 1Password 2.12.1 customers need to get things working with Safari 5 again. Enjoy!
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='neilio']Strangely, the new build still isn't working for me - I've tried quitting Safari, uninstalling the extension, reinstalling it, and then restarting Safari but no dice. (And yes, I've confirmed that I'm running 1Password 3.2.1.)

My system is not in English (it's in French) - could this be related?

Neil[/QUOTE]

Please check to see if you need to just re-customize your Safari toolbar to include the 1P button. And if necessary, toggle the 1Password > Preferences > Browsers setting for Safari — sometimes that is necessary to get the extensions code refreshed.
  • Boggabri_Bill
    Boggabri_Bill Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    "Another county heard from."

O.K. Agile guys, I'll cool my heels till you work out the bumps re 1P and Safari 5.0.
  • Boggabri_Bill
    Boggabri_Bill Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks Marty. back on.