This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password and Safari 5.0

13»

Comments

• okdale
    okdale Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I just updated 1Password3 to version 3.2.1 from version 3.1.1 and installed safari 5.0, after doing this extensions don't work in Safari or Camino anymore. I tried using the preferences pane in 1Password to uninstall then re-install the browser extensions, didn't work. Then I tried using time machine to revert 1Password back to its previous version this didn't work either.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?
  • wolfneuralnet
    wolfneuralnet Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='ljun']Does the new update use the new "extensions" mechanism Apple added to Safari 5? Or does it still hack it in like before?[/QUOTE]

Any official word from Agile as to whether 1P will be able to use the new "official" extensions to get a button in, etc. to avoid all the conflicts with other buttons, etc. in the past?
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='okdale']I just updated 1Password3 to version 3.2.1 from version 3.1.1 and installed safari 5.0, after doing this extensions don't work in Safari or Camino anymore. I tried using the preferences pane in 1Password to uninstall then re-install the browser extensions, didn't work. Then I tried using time machine to revert 1Password back to its previous version this didn't work either.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums, okdale. Given that you're running the latest version of 1Password, I'm not sure what the trouble could be, off the top of my head. Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then sending the report to us at [email]support@agile.ws[/email] using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.

[quote name='wolfneuralnet']Any official word from Agile as to whether 1P will be able to use the new "official" extensions to get a button in, etc. to avoid all the conflicts with other buttons, etc. in the past?[/QUOTE]

The official word is that we're excited about the new possibilities but that I can't share anything more with you just now. Our developers are away at WWDC; when they return (or when they check in on the forums), they'll be able to give you a better idea of what to expect.

Thanks for your patience and enthusiasm!
  • JimM
    JimM Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I was having the same problem on one of my three (family!) computers (the other two worked fine). In all cases I am using 1Password 3.2.1 under Mac OS 10.6.3

I finally got it to work by moving the folder ~/Library/Application Support/1Password to the desktop, and deleting the

preference file ~/Library/Preferences/ws.agile.1Password.plist.

Upon starting up 1Password, it asks you for your file, which you can point it to, and reinstalls the browser plugins. For me, this worked.

I had to type in the license code again.

I then moved my 1Password.agilekeychain back into the Application Support Folder, as well as various backups, and the "Fill" folder.

All seems fine now.

Hope this helps someone else.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for posting the update, that's really helpful information. If anyone is having trouble please try Jim's suggestions.
  • mwkelly
    mwkelly Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I've lost my 1P icon in Safari for the third or fourth time over a 6 month period. This getting to be a real pain.

I've upgraded and tried all the recommendations, step by step and multiple times. NG.

I hate slamming somebody else's code, but I never had the hassles with RoboF*** that I've had with 1P

(sweat)(sweat)(sweat)(sweat);((banghead)(banghead)(banghead)
  • jimspur
    jimspur Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Upgraded my Mac to Safari 5.0 today and it wouldn't open at all. During the troubleshooting process with the Apple Forums community I was informed by an Apple rep analyzing my "Crash Report" that 1Password BETA was not compatible with Safari 5.0. Some of these comments indicate that 1Password 3.2.2 DOES support Safari 5.0, but no one seems to have had any success in demonstrating that.

Seems as if one or the other will have to give - either we all become exclusively Firefox users or give up 1Password. Personally I think I could live without Safari before I could do without 1Password.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Boggabri_Bill']"Another county heard from."

O.K. Agile guys, I'll cool my heels till you work out the bumps re 1P and Safari 5.0.[/QUOTE]

1Password's 3.2.1 release makes Safari 5 happy to have 1Password again. If you have a specific problem that hasn't been addressed please let us know the specifics so we can look into your situation. Sometimes there may be a latent issue that was just barely letting the integration work but the new version of Safari may have tripped the odds against you. Folder and file permissions and ACLs are an example of that. Please feel free to ask for assistance!